Thursday, October 23, 2014

Just a bit of shifting

Its been years since I've posted and realistically no one will come back and read this blog but that was a choice that I had made when I stopped posting. Its all good.

Life became crazy, and even though everyone says that, it doesn't make it less true or less of a problem. I started down the road to working full time, for many reasons. For financial, for this extrovert to have some sort of connection, to have more of a purpose. Its been very good for me. Its pushed me to grow and learn, its made me doubt, its been good for my family. The positives outweigh the negatives. Always a good thing around here. I'm not called the silver lining girl for nothing!

I started and continued on a scrapbooking design team for almost 2 years, loving it for the most part, even though there were challenges and deadlines it was good.

I started volunteering by being a Girl Guide Leader, by helping coach my daughter's softball team, by being part of a committee that organizes Graduation at the school where I work. It all was time consuming, rewarding and good for me.

I still would teach the odd scrapbooking/stamping classes via Stampin' Up! I loved it, it was lots of work but oh so rewarding to be with other women who like to create.

I struggled (and still do) with my weight. Running has now become a habit for me. I no longer have to talk myself into it and I love the way I feel when I run. I still am not tall and slim (at 5'1" I will never be) but I'm stronger than I was 10 years ago and feel better. Course I feel better when I don't make crappy food choices too.

But yet, somewhere between all that I was doing and being a wife and mom to my family, I feel like I've lost a part of me. I struggled with everything, trying to be everything to everyone. The stress that comes with that sucks the joy out of living the best life that you can.

After some agonizing decisions and some not so agonizing decisions, I've let go and said no. I'm still trying to balance everything, not always succeeding. My house will never be perfectly decorated and cleaned. I will not always have a healthy, cooked from scratch meal ready at 5:30 pm. My children will not always be happy with me because we've come to an equally agreed decision that everyone is happy with, especially my almost teenage daughter.

But this past weekend I've felt a shift. A shift in me. I'm thinking its a good shift.

Not sure if I'll keep up with the old blog, but it felt right to post.

No comments: