Monday, November 24, 2008

Dad's Birthday Celebrations

The weekend of Nov. 15th we had a birthday party at my house for my dad who turned 60. It was so great, crowded but fun with all his siblings, except 1 that were able to be there. Even my uncle Charlie who came down from Yellowknife. I made the cake, decorations and all. This is only th 2nd time that I've ever iced a cake and I'm sure this will end up on the cake wrecks blog ;) However it tasted wonderful so it balances out.
A week later we (my immediate family) met at my sister's place to go out for lobster. Here's my sweet sister introducing my poor baby to lemons for the first time. Unfortunately she didn't get the reaction that she wanted. Owen didn't seem to mind the lemon. Must take after his Uncle Matthew.




I felt sorry for the waitress as we were such a big group. 13 of us including 5 grandkids, who by the way did awesome. My very adventurous eaters ordered mac n cheese and chicken fingers. At Red Lobster. Crazy kids. You can't see it in this picture but my very gorgeous sister in law is 5 months pg with their first baby, she looks so amazing! I'll post photos of her when I get permission ;) I'm also thrilled with the fact that the baby weight is finally starting to come off quicker for me. After gaining 60lbs with Owen I've got about 25 left to go...and no that's my arm down on my lap. Darn black shirt, lol!






2 comments:

M Plamondon said...

Great icing job on the cake! I would be happy if my cakes would come out of the pan in one piece! Seriously!!
Owen with the lemon...Too cute!!

~Kennie~ said...

Congratulations on your baby-weight loss Rebecca!

And no worries on your cake for your dad, I thought it looked great! And I definitely would have eaten a piece of it had I been there LOL

Ethan's birthday looked like a lot of fun, you're right, they grow up fast!