Thursday, June 10, 2010

Date day!

So last Thursday my sweet mother in law offered to watch my kids so that Ron and I could have a date day on Saturday. It took me all of 3 seconds to say "yes!" We ended up going to the city just for fun, we had no plans as to being at a certain place at a certain time or anything. Complete carefree bliss! We actually ended up going out for a nice lunch first then shopping. It was so cool cause we hit a couple of scrapbooking stores and hobby stores just checking out stuff. I'm sure the ladies at the scrapbooking store didn't know what to think when they saw Ron walking around and picking out the paper he liked. About 50% of the time I liked what he picked. His hobby stores are pretty cool cause along with all the model stuff they always have cool kids toys. We picked up a little something for each of the kids (card game, puzzle and craft kit) Then we went crazy at costco and even bought our early anniversary gift. We got the angled tete a tete bear chair http://www.thebearchair.com/ which is crazy comfortable and perfect for the mornings we have coffee out on the deck.

Here's hoping to carve out some me time this weekend :)

No comments: