Sunday, May 30, 2010

results from "mommy needs some sanity" retreat

To say that May has been busy and utterly draining is an understatment. With my dayhome business getting extremely busy, Maylong Weekend prepartions and a certain little boy's 2nd birthday all in there, I'm hoping for a quieter June. After a near meltdown last week I decided to create break for myself and I went to my grandma's cabin at the lake. Ron stayed home with the kids and I got a chance to recharge and rest. Course I brought my scrapbooking stuff ;) Have I told you all about my new love? That would be Stampin' Up! Kraft cardstock (soon to be called crumb cake) I love that its not too brown but just perfect. This layout was done with Bo-Bunny's mamarrazzi paper. I also used my gypsy (new update rocks!) my spellbinders and my Ali E stamps. Faces of my kids are blocked out on purpose for the web.
I was able to finally use one of my Memory Workshop kits that had been sitting for awhile. This kit featured Basic Grey's Origins papers. I also found that they worked well with Crate papers new release as well.
I quite enjoyed the Jilliebean Soup's corregated alphas even though I really had to plan out what I wanted to say. Thank goodness I brought my cricut/gypsy when I didn't have enough letters.

I've used this placement of papers before but loved how it turned out. If its not broke don't fix it right?
I got to use a new die from Stampin' Up! called top-note (the journalling block) I had purchased it mainly for cards but it totally works well for scrapbooking. Bonus!
This is the mamarrazzi line again paired with Bazzill's swiss dotted cardstock. I rarely ever use die cuts from my cricut but found that this little truck from Paper Dolls for everyday worked well.
Ok don't tell Ron I posted this but wow I have an awesome husband! He agreed to take part in our Maylong weekend talent show and wear this pink beehive wig as part of the act. I had this title and layout in mind ever since I took the picture.
Totally adore these photos. Owen runs to met the school bus everyday. He is always so happy to see Ethan and Abby, so awesome that they have such an amazing relationship. Every morning he waves to the bus and says "bye good day!" then when they come home he runs to give them both a hug :)
The following layouts were all done for a class that I taught using Fancy Pants paper from Just Cre8. The class involved these 5 layouts and one mini album. I totally forgot to photograph the album which I will try and do this week.


Don't you love scrapbooking a favorite photo? I find it so easy to create a layout around a photo I love. Project life has been good for me in that sense because the stories connected with my photos are all recorded but I can scrapbook traditionally the photos that I adore. So no guilt!


3 comments:

M Plamondon said...

These are all so fantastic! That photo of your husband with the wig, Perfect!! LOL!

We all need these sanity retreats once in a while!!

Stephanie said...

Holy Moly, you were productive! Gorgeous layouts! So glad you were able to get away!

cerbean said...

You are so talented!!! You created all of those in one day???? I just don't know how you do it!!!

Your hubby is definitely a team player! lol