Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer time scrapbooking

So with the more relaxed routine of summer I've been getting more chances to scrapbook which is very
 good.
I created this layout for a challenge at Scrap Shotz to do computer journalling, something I rarely, if ever, do. I even pulled out some of those "older" embellishments that have been taking up space in my drawers. The pattern papers are Cosmo Cricket.
This is a layout that has been in my mind for a while to create. Not so much the photo or the story but the design with the punched out squres. Pattern papers are American Crafts, as well as the thickers and plastic flowers.
I got a chance to make some cards today and I had so much fun playing with new papers (Basic Grey Green at heart 6x6 pad) I'm really liking the 6x6 pads for cards because you don't waste a full sheet and I find that some of the papers are less overwhelming.
Totally loving that Top Note die from Stampin' Up! by sizzix! This cute little SU! stamp set (Trendy Trees) is one of my all time favorites too. Add a few scraps of October Afternoon papers and a cute sentiment by Hero Arts and you're good to go.

Ok for some reason this blue backgroud looked way better in person. I might have to change it because to be honest its bugging me. Love this cuttlebug pumpkin and Cosmo Cricket Earth love papers.

I'm quite pleased with myself for using only paper scraps for all these cards! Almost finished up this Basic Grey pad! Plus these Hero Arts stamps are my go to favorite lately.

I had fun with this color combo, easy when you pull colors from your pattern paper. I made a mistake stamping so I added 2 rows of ribbon to cover my mistake. Gotta love flexibility!

 
This card may just be my favorite with cuttlebug embossing folder (happy birthday) and Basic Grey ribbon with my favorite butterfly embosslits (from SU!) All done with scraps again!

2 comments:

M Plamondon said...

I love love all of these!! Glad you're having more time to scrapbook. Keep on posting them!

Andrea W said...

I absolutely LOVE the 1st picture!! IT is so wonderful and nice to have a casual shot of the entire family! Great work!