Sunday, January 16, 2011

Family Canvas



I've been holding on to 2 of these giant canvases for the last few years just waiting for the right photos. I orginally was planning on use one for each of the kids but then we had Owen and well plans change. So I decided to finally get working on this project. I was very happy with our family photo this year so I printed it out 8.5" by 11" and began. I did run into some problems because it was just a large piece, I never buy more than one sheet of pattern paper at all. And for those that know, local scrapbooking stores are almost non-exsistant. So I actually changed my plan half way through my project.

I'm so much of a complete one project before I move on to the next kind of person that I tend to be a fairly quick scrapbooker. This project has been marinating on my desk and in my brain for a week! Its been very challenging for me! The colors I used match with my home decor (minus the fisher price classic toy colors) of chocolate brown, pumpkin pie orange, so saffron yellow, and cherry cobbler with a hint of cream. I had to have things sort of match with my yellow walls, which I hate but am not able to repaint at this point.  But I'm super happy with how it turned out!

1 comment:

M Plamondon said...

This is beautiful. I love the color combination.