Monday, January 03, 2011

Welcome to a New Year!

For all 4 of you who came back to see my little blog thank you! For those who lurk I love you too, lol! I decided to take an unoffical blog hiatus over the holidays and really it was so nice! I spent the holiday with family, crafting and actually watching movies! I never sit and watch a movie! Crazy.

I also spent a lot of time reflecting on what I wanted 2011 to mean to me and what I could do to accomplish that. I picked my one word to summerize what I want 2011 to be (http://www.aliedwards.com/) and I chose restore. There were many reasons for this word and it fits so well with many aspects of my life. One being that I want to restore my body to what it was before I got pregnant with Owen. I had done so well in losing so much weight and I've struggled to shed a good chunk (litereally) And with the past few months with me struggling mentally with things, eating comfort foods has gotten to be a very bad habit. So I will begin with today. I know it won't be an easy goal to accomplish but I'm committed to doing so. Today will start with me cleaning out the bad foods from my pantry and drinking more water, less coffee.

In continuing with this word, I'm going along with Cathy Z's Move more eat less campaign. http://cathyzielske.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/12/a-year-of-moving-more-and-eating-less-in-scrapbook-pages.html  Still undecided if I want to show pictures, not sure if I'm brave enough :)

The word restore also goes along with something else I'd like to do this year. I want to restore stability to our family, I've got a few goals that go with this as well, but I've got plans set in motion to do so. I'm expecting great blessings for our family this year and I'm excited about them!

1 comment:

M Plamondon said...

Restoration is definitely something all mothers need in one form or another. That's a great one!

Wishing you a wonderful 2011.