Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday update

Whew! Its been a crazy bit of a month. We all had a wonderful Christmas here, lots of presents, food and family. Although for a couple of days I wasn't sure if we were going to be well enough to host our Christmas Eve celebrations. Abby, Ethan and I all got hit with a very violent form of the GI flu. It all started with Abby then worked its way through the rest of us. Thankfully Owen didn't get it. Gotta love those extra antibodies from nursing :) I seemed to have gotten an extra bit of a problem from that virus because the night that I got so sick I ended up fainting twice. The second time that I fainted I hit the bridge of my nose. The next morning my nose was so swollen it was hard to put my glasses on. I'm still concerned because today marks a week since this all happened and my nose isn't as swollen but its crooked and I still have this weird buzzing in my head. My sister thinks I need to go get X-rayed to see if I broke anything. I'm thinking that she's right. Other than that we've all mended and managed to have an awesome Christmas. Ron truly outdid himself and bought me a pair of 1/2 carat diamond earrings. Totally blew me away and made me feel so special. He said that this was a special Christmas (our tenth being married) and I was worth it. Awww...such a sweetie. Made me feel a bit guilty because I wasn't able to finish my shopping for him due to being sick so I made it up to him when we went boxing day shopping ;)

Hoping to get some pictures put on to the computer this pm so that I can post a few of our celebrations. I didn't take too many because I was too busy enjoying things :)

2 comments:

M Plamondon said...

Hope you and your family are feeling better!
Have a Happy New Year!!

~Kennie~ said...

Oh Rebecca! I'm sorry to hear that you were all sick over the holidays! Illness was running rampant all over it seems! I know a lot of people who were sick too! We just had headcolds basically, but still...

And about your nose, definitely get it checked out! And have your blood pressure checked too, maybe it's been low and that's why you fainted!

Let me know how you make out!

And 1/2 carat earrings? WOW!! Lucky girl! :)