Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Recipe scrapbook

First off I want to say this isn't a new idea in anyway or form. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while and last year (I think) Stampin' Up! came out with this super cute recipe card stamp. I know that they had a different version before but this is the one that tickled my fancy. I've been trying to decide whether or not I should just put my recipes into a recipe file box or something else when inspiration hit! I was going to use a 2 or 3 up photo book so that my cards are protected from inevitable food splatter but also still be easily accessable. So I found a cute photo book in a local store for $4, then proceeded to stamp the recipe cards with red stazon (for faster drying, less smudging), then I added my recipes and matted them with 4x6 cardstock. I couldn't decide on which color to use so I used 4 to match up with my kitchen (kraft, chocolate brown, red and orange) Then I stamped the food categories and colored them in.
What I like about this style of album is that there is a little memo section that I can add hints or tricks about my recipes. For example which pans/cookware to use or freezing times. I also added the stamp with "from the kitchen of:" so that I could remember which auntie gave me which recipe (Turtle cake!) or which ones come from my grandma (strawberry pie!). There is also a yum scale stamp which I have yet to fill out. I also punched out tabs with the food sections on them to make it easier to find each section. Funny thing is I have more dessert recipes than anything, lol!

3 comments:

M Plamondon said...

What a fantastic idea!! Love it!

Adrienne said...

This looks great! You've been a busy girl!

~Kennie~ said...

Wicked! Looks great Rebecca!