Friday, July 31, 2009

random post ahead...

So between finishing up the room reno, getting ready for birthdays, reunions, weddings and fall things have been quite busy. We were so happy to have Ron back from his trip, the kids and I missed him like crazy. We spent the next couple of days just being together as a family. One of those mornings we were having coffee out on the deck (our favorite summer tradition) when he casually mentioned that he saw a cool moth by the shop. So I went to take pictures :) Normally moths freak me out something terrible and Ron thinks its hilarious but after a bad camp experience moths and I just keep a respectable distance from each other. But this one was very cool.
It was huge and had the coolest fuzzy antennes, Ron told me what kind it was but I forget what the name was. He did say that they are pretty rare up here.
Look at how cool those markings are! Just click on the picture to see them bigger. I got quite a few photos before our cat started bugging it so Ron moved it to a safer location.
We also built a swing set for our kids. You would have thought with us having older kids that we would have had one by now but nope we didn't :) and will me starting my new venture this fall it will definately come in handy. We weren't too smart though, we put it together on the hottest day of the year. So instead of taking the estimated 4-8 hours it took longer because of building a sand box around the set, shovelling 10 yards of sand to a depth of 10-11 inches deep (for safety reasons), and taking swimming pool-food-water breaks, we didn't finish it until about 10 at night even though we started at 8 in the morning. Its not that easy to build something like this while watching 3 kids and do all that they need. But its done! And really what good is a swing set if it sits in the shop all summer?
And just a funny random Owen shot...this is his moose call. Which in actuallity is the center of my angel food cake pan ;)

No comments: