Monday, August 23, 2010

dragging along as usual :)

Does it ever seem to you that you are always one day late and a dollar short all the time? This has been my life for the past summer. I had all these great plans of scrapping time, organizing my house, painting and renos and here it is August 23 and I'm hanging my head in shame. But this just means that I set my goals high :)
Our entrance renos are coming along, we are insulating as I speak and it won't be long before drywall and flooring go in. The best part? I can walk more than a foot and a half before I have to climb the stairs when I come in from getting groceries!

This past Thrusday I helped organize a scrapbooking/cardmaking night at a local place. So in going with my theme of summer, my dh wasn't able to come home to watch the kids. I was pretty ticked but then found out he had to work really late due to an accident on one of his roads. I was ashamed at myself for feeling so selfish when someone else clearly had bigger problems than mine. So I ended up having Ethan babysit his sister and his brother. I made 1/2hourly phone calls and ran home once to change a diaper and put Owen to bed. Needless to say I felt scatterbrained and generally out of sorts. I only got 2 cards done!
The first was a simple no brainer for me. I'm beyond thrilled that Stampin' Up! brought back Baja Breeze. It was a color that I had overlooked the first time around and now I'm planning on stocking up big time! I also got this cute new mushroom stamp set, which I can see me using a bunch.
This card was more of a stretch for me. I don't normall y do pretty/vintagey kind of stuff. And I know some would argue that this card really isn't vintage but for me its very much out of my comfort zone! Love love love the new brown, Early Espresso, from Stampin' Up! as well. You can't tell but I did use Versamark dazzle in champange which gave the brown flowers a very subtle shimmer.

My orignal intention was to work on the new Memory Workshop September kit. Yup you heard me right :) I was asked to Guest design again and I was thrilled to do so. When I sat down to work, I was so flustered with how the night was going that I just put it back in my tote. I ended up working on it in the comfort of my scrapbooking room. After working for most of the day and almost not feeding my kids (ha! just kidding) I completed 6 layouts including 2 double pagers which are usually the bane of my exsistance! The papers were gorgeous and so easy to work with! A big thank you to Sandra for giving me the opportuity to design again :)

1 comment:

M Plamondon said...

I know what you mean by the summer going by so fast. I had lots of things planned myself too and got nothing I wanted done. Haven't even had the chance to really sit and blog. Hope I can get back to it once school starts. Oh well, summer was super fun with lots of visits.

I love the colors and the mushrooms in the first card. I have to look through the stampin' up catalog again!!