Sunday, August 08, 2010

restocking my card stash

Despite having a sick kid this past weekend, I was able to get some cards made. Poor little guy slept a lot and now is feeling better. Still a bit clingy but that's to be expected.

This was the only card that I used Bazzill on, it doesn't stamp very well but it was the color of grey that I wanted. Also the embossed paper was an old DCWV glitter mat stack.
For almost all the cards I made I used Stampin' Up! Cardstock and Stampin' Up! pattern paper. I got to play with my new nestabilites and my cuttlebug embossing folders.
Loving the new large size of cuttlebug folders. I almost didn't buy this one because I already have a polka dot one but I'm so glad I didn't resist. It actually embosses the whole front of the card not "most" of it.

This was one of those stamps where you need to line up the flowers with the stem. I really am not good at it so this is my second try. I made the decision to unmount my stamps and I can't wait until my ezmount foam comes in so I can begin. I'm mainly doing the unmounting for space saving purposes (in my scrapbooking room and my crop bag) and for ease of stamping.

This was just a quick and easy card made from scraps. I so love this Hero Arts acrylic set of stamps. Very clean and simple sayings for so many occasions.

If its hard to see the sentiment on this card says "Happy Anniversary" I used versamark and I'm thinking that I should have heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Oh well, next time!

This card took me a few tries to get the butterflies just right. My markers are in serious need of refreshing and I think they will be on my next Stampin' Up! order form.

Ok I have to admit this is my favorite! I really think I'm going to do some varitions of this one, maybe different butterflies and different color schemes. I adore the simplicity of it.

This was one stamp set that I *had* to have. I have the matching embossing folder and to be honest I can't seem to use it very creatively. I stamped the green flower with old olive and then found that the water color pencils I had didn't work well with that color. So I ended up coloring in the flower with smooch. I think some water color crayons in a larger variety of colors in next on my list as well.

3 comments:

Sandra @ The Memory Workshop said...

Love your cards! I wish I had your mad card making skillz. :) You have mail...

Adrienne said...

Loooove the butterfly, sending a hug card, so so simple and cute and adorable! love the rounded corners on the bottom too!

Abi Bundy said...

Wow Gorgeous cards!!!!