Friday, August 06, 2010

Party weekend!

So with the past 2 weeks being devoted to party decorations, swimming lessons and just general chaos I was quite happy for the weekend.
My sweet wonderful husband turned 40 on August 1st and I wanted to celebrate him. So I made 40 giant cupcakes and added 40 of my favorite photos of him on them. Thank goodness for my cricut because it took a while to cut those suckers out. I made copies of the photos so just in case some got ruined that the originals didn't.
I also created this sign with my cricut and one of my all time favorite photos of Ron (can we say yummy??) I really don't like the whole "40 and over the hill" mentality of it so I put my own postive spin on things.
This weekend was also the fishing derby at Beaver Lake which Ron and my dad entered leaving me to watch the kids with the help of my mom. 
So we hit the beach both days and the kids loved every minute of it!
 

 
They've never been to a real beach before (bad mommy I know!) and even though I had a hard time keeping Owen in the shade or even getting him to wear a hat he had a blast...and no sunburns thanks to some great UV suits!
The only downside to all this hoopla and traveling away from home is that Owen doesn't eat or nap so well. Making for a very tiring day for both him and I. I've since counted that since the end of May I've only had a total of 6 hours to myself. I'm starting to feel the strain and I'm starting to plan for a weekend for me soon before school and the real work routine starts.

No comments: