Friday, February 10, 2017

Life lately

So much change around here, so much has stayed the same. 2 kids still in school, one kid out of school and moved on to the next phase of post secondary education.

 Lots of new ground with that situation. So love that Ethan has embraced the ebb and flow of college, so glad that he took his first year locally so that we could be there to help be a sounding board for him but still let him do things on his own. I so appreciate that he can still see the shoreline if he needs it. He has done incredibly well with his first semester and is now on the second. I've learned some new parenting things as well...like I can't fix everything. That was so hard but really its a good thing.

This season of my life is involving a lot of commitments between things I have to do and things I chose to do and things I want to do. Really doing some soul searching and deciding on what needs to go and what needs to stay. Planning on taking back some of my life and only including those things that contribute to my over all health and well-being. So much of this fits with my One Little Word for 2017 which is RISE. I love the strength and direction that this word brings for me.

Health, both mental and physical has been a huge priority for me this past year and that will probably be a whole other blog post because its become such a big part of my life. Suffice it to say...its just a part of my daily life now.

Here's hoping that I can carve out some time to update here and there because I think I miss the space to do a little connecting.

No comments: