Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The ebb and flow

For those that know me know that I love scrapbooking. The process of adding stories to my photos and adding bits of papers and embellishments to my pages brings me great joy. I've been doing this since my oldest was a year old and there have been times in my life that I've gone on creative benders, if you will, and cranked out page after page for different albums that I had in my bookshelf. Then there have been times where I think to myself, "does this even matter?" 

Part of this is putting too much pressure on myself. Always expecting a profound story for every photo. The thought that I need to have tons of journalling or brand new designs for every layout. This is totally me. I look back at my old layouts and I love how they look. I love how I felt when I was creating them. I loved the finished project. I found supplies I loved and had to have. It feels like lately that I need to be critiquing everything I buy. Did I get my money's worth? Am I supporting an empire or a small business, should I care? Shame on me if I don't care. So much of this comes from too much exposure to negativity. I really try to be someone who looks for the good in everything but its been hard to find of late...even on my scrapbooking message boards. This has turned into me now not scrapbooking very much...I've been reading and really not very into it. Other things have come up that I've chosen to do instead of scrapbooking like I used to. I run. I spend way too much time on social media. I try and spend more time with my husband. 

I'm totally thinking that this is just one of those ebb and flow things and I will get back to it when the time is right. Personally I'm thinking that the less time I'm around the negative influences the better off I'll be. And maybe, just maybe I'll feel like being creative again. 

No comments: