Saturday, June 27, 2009

better late than never

So its been quite some time since I've done a post about scrapbooking. But in all honesty I haven't had much time to do much scrapbooking! I'm going to have to devise a way to get some creative time into my days but coming September my days will be quite busy so I better enjoy the summer while I can :) I've been under a rock apparently and had never used kraft cardstock until I got some in my April Memory Workshop scrapbook kit, now I can't get enough of it! It just goes to show you that trying something new is so worthwhile. The above layout is done with Pebbles pattern paper, kraft cardstock, prima bling & whisper flowers, AC rubons, WRMK large eyelets and Fancy Pants biggest chipboard (friends word) with doodlebug flocking. The title reads "what's a little static between friends?"
The following layouts are done with the April kit from the Memory Workshop.
Large bracket stamps come from the CK kit of the month "not your ordinary foam stamps" set, as well as some Maya Road sheer journalling chips.
This is the first part of a two page layout (shocker I know) all done with the April kit.
Second page. I realize that I tend to put a bunch of pictures together creating a photo block but honestly it makes things so much easier for designing. And really it works for me.
The kits have been really helping me put mulitple pattern papers together without it looking over powering. I'm all about making things easier :)
In addition to the April kit I used some Pebbles chipboard and the Today stamp from the CK's kotm (everyday beauty set by Ali Edwards) have to say I wasn't thrilled with the papers from that kit but *loved* the Ali Edwards stamps!
Here are a couple of cards that I made from the kit. I used the square scallop nestablities with my cuttlebug. Really enjoying those things!
This was a fun stamp that I got from the Unity Stamp Co. that I heat embossed with white embossing powder.
This layout is made with Basic Grey Mararach papers (the 6x6 pad) , lyrical letter cricut cartridge, Fancy Pants sheer circles, October Afternoon journalling cards, MME's chipboard stickers and some Stampin' Up! brads.
Just love this layout even though it made me so sad. We've had the extreme pleasure of getting close to my cousin's family. Her kids are super sweet and all three of them get along so well with my three. Our youngest boys are actually only 16 days apart and its so cute to see them together. I've been watching the kids a lot for the last few weeks as my cousin and her family are moving away. This makes me so sad cause going over for green chai tea won't be so easy now. Thank goodness that in this day and age that travel and technology will help us stay close even though they will be 3 hours away. I'm just trying not to think about it too much.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

awwwwwwwww I just love that picture of Cohen and Owen Rebecca! I'm also trying not to think too much about it, it was so nice getting to know both you and your family better this past year. You listened to me when I needed to vent more then once, but more often we shared so many fun days together. I know we'll love to visit you guys when we come out to Plamondon. Now I must stop thinking about it again... ;)