Wednesday, July 01, 2009

So I faked it pretty good...

I'll let you in on a little secret...I don't like doing birthday parties. Don't get me wrong I love celebrating my kids' birthdays but to do a party well its not my cup of tea, or coffee for that matter. It doesn't matter how great you do for one party each year, you need to do it over again the following year. But I digress...I do it for my kids.
Abby's cake turned out awesome! My wonderful mil came to help with the making of the icing and she did the flowers and the writing for me. I totally could have done the writing, the flowers not so much. The rest was me :) We were thankful to have some nice weather, a bit windy but we worked with it. The kids had so much fun in the pool even though some got cold. I've blocked out faces of Abby's friends and picked pictures where their faces weren't showing, you all know why.
The next thing was cupcake decorating which they totally got into and was such an easy thing to do. Just a side note...doing this outside totally rocked!
The kids had some great cupcakes going. And you all know I'm going to scrapbook this ;)
Our food and decorations...
Working with the wind was interesting, decorations were tied down. Note the balloons going wonky? Our cat was totally *helpful* with the balloons, but once 2 popped she was out of there, lol!
We also did a pinata and I was totally surprised that it didn't last that long. In years past it took like 5 turns per kid to get those things to break but now that the kids are getting older we had to rein them in so that everyone got a turn.
Abby totally adored her cake, I can't get over how big she's getting
Blowing out the candles...
See? Told you I faked it ;)

1 comment:

Sandra @ The Memory Workshop said...

Looks like a great party to me! You did a great job of faking it. And I *totally* share your aversion to party planning.