Monday, November 30, 2009

December Daily project


So I'm a little late to the game but at the last minute I decided to join in and do the December Daily challenge set forth by Ali Edwards, check out her blog for details (http://www.aliedwards.typepad.com/) The general idea is to create an album before the holiday crazieness and document your own December traditions and preparations. So I ordered this very cool Prima canvas album just for something different to work with. I limited my supplies to cardstock, Stampin' Up! Christmas papers (gorgeous by the way), red stickles, Christmas stickers and chipboard from my stash and my cricut. Oh and I dragged out my sewing machine for the canvas pages.

The very cool thing about the canvas album is that it has a variety of pages both canvas and page protectors, plus I added some chipboard pages to make up the 26 pages that I needed. I went with an extra day besides Christmas because my family has a pretty cool tradition on Boxing day and I wanted to document that.

I kept my pages simple cause that's how I scrapbook and its how I love to do it. My cricut came in handy as I used it for all my numbers which represent the days of December that I'm documenting. I used the Hello Kitty font.

And I finally found a use for those Stampin' Up! felt snowflakes that just don't seem to match anything. The felt adds a nice texture. I dressed it up with some glitter and stamped with red stazon.
Finally used some of my ranger inks color wash (cranberry color) my fingers seem to now have a permanent red tinge. The candy cane was part of an old large chipboard set from Making Memories that included a snowflake, candy cane, a tree, and an ornament. The tree is pictured is a chipboard page insert. (Shown sprayed with a celery color wash)


I had a bunch of fun with my sewing machine which went beautifully through the paper and canvas. My mom would just roll her eyes if she knew I used my machine more for scrapbooking than actual sewing.

you can't really tell but this awesome dot paper from making memories is all velvet flocked. Very cool. Plus I finally found a use for my adhesive felt borders from Queen & Co. they've only been in my stash for 2 years.

It was so cool to dig into my old stuff and find uses for them! This believe tag came as part of a MME Christmas line from 3 years ago.

The snowflake paper (from SU) has a flocked velvet texture as well. Here is the other chipboard insert (the ornament) sprayed again with color wash. I had to cut part of it to make it turn well and lie flat in the album but it works.

The backside, adding zig zag stitching to adhere my journalling cards. I made the cards myself cause I didn't have enough of one kind for this project. I took a journalling stamp from an old SU! set that I got a garage sale and stamped 25 times on kraft cardstock (my favorite being Stampin' Up!'s version) and cut them out, rounded the corners with my WRMK corner chomper.

I managed to use some old MME Christmas papers as well. I *love* pink and red together!

Some stamping with stazon and just a bit of sparkle with Christmas red stickles (one of my favorite colors)

you may not be able to tell but the pewter snowflake paper has shimmer in it and its so beautiful! (from SU! again)


the red polka dot frame is from MME, has been in my stash for who knows how long and will be the spot where I put my photo. I haven't included any other photo mats cause I haven't decided how I'll print them yet and I'm not sure what sizes I'll do.

I included December 26 because we have a family tradition of brunch at my auntie's place.
I'm super excited about this project because to be honest I really don't like scrapbooking Christmas. It seems like the pages are all the same and I'm really too tired to scrapbook or sometimes even take photos during the actual event. Hopefully this will help. It will be immensely helpful that I have a great photo printer so I'm planning to do a daily print and journalling.

No comments: