Monday, January 25, 2010

some craftiness going on :)

So Abby and I found this super cute idea in a scrapbooking magazine (Scrapbooks Etc.) and decided to modify it a bit for her Valentine's treats for her classmates. We made it a bit more simple than what was shown in the magazine but it totally worked and looks super cute! All you do is punch 2 scallop circles out of cardstock (I used spellbinders nesties for mine) and punch a circle out of white paper, add a cute word stamp (7 gypsies) and a heart (Stampin' Up!) use tape to adhere both scallops to the flat lollipop. Embellish with ribbon. Super easy and it makes a cute Valentine for her classmates. Best thing is I only had to buy the lollies as I had all the other supplies. Big surprise.
These portfolios uploaded backwards but you'll get the idea. I managed to get some 7 gypsies large portfolios from a scrapbooking store that was going out of business for $2/pack. I ordered 3 cause I thought "well I have 3 kids I'll do something with them" . Open the package and find out that they come 2 to a pack so now I have 6. I used up 3 and I'm not sure if I'll use the others, if anyone wants them let me know :)
So basically I altered them so that each kid could have a place (meaning I could have a place) for all those papers and stuff that are important like swimming report cards, certificates and various bits of their lives. Not saying that everything goes in there, I'm still a purger by nature. Boy that sounds bad but I can't keep everything. Too much stuff sucks the life out of my house (except in my scrapbooking room, that's sacred)

so each kid has one now, complete with their names curtisy of my cricut (winter woodland font),
their picture and some cute paper.
it was also great to use up some stash that I had laying around. Like these diecut papers, never quite knew what to do with them but had to have them. Now they are used and I'm happy :)
Ethan's portfolio includes his Yellow belt certificate from Tae Kwan Do and his Honorable Mention certificate amoung other things.

Yes, I did use my labeller that Ron got me for Christmas ;) love that he gets me.

Inside of Owen's. Not much in his yet, except his baby dedication certificate.

And just a layout that I did for the fun of it this weekend. I had made a mental note to take a photo of Owen in his crib before he outgrew it. Such a bittersweet moment, going from the crib to a real bed, moreso cause he's my last baby. Sniff, sniff.
October Afternoon papers & journalling card, SU! ribbon & cardstock, chipboard word from my stash that I have no idea where it came from.
I have actually other layouts to share but can't right now cause they are on deck for a class that I'm teaching in the next month or so. I'll post some sneakies soon.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Those are so cute Rebecca, neat idea on the portfolio's!

I actually also tried making those lollipop valentines, but the scrapbooking store was out of scallop round punches so I'm waiting for one to come in so i can finish it up ;) VERY cute idea too!

M Plamondon said...

All those ideas are so fabulous!! The portfolios are superb! Love.

Moments Photography said...

WOW Rebecca! So amazing! Love the creativity and the final result, so fantastic! Something the kids will have to cherish for a long time! I just have my kids stuff in a baby gift bag... but they went through it the other day and LOVED it!! Keep it up, you definitely have the talent and passion!