Monday, April 20, 2009

Life and Scrapbooking...photo heavy

We had just the perfect weekend together as a family :) lots of fun free time, playing outside, scrapbooking, baking and church. It was so rejuvenating to be able to go outside and play and still have time to be creative. I finally got a chance to play with the February kit from the Memory Workshop (Fancy Pants papers) and they were so fun. Very different from the normal "winter" papers. Lots of green/pink/purple/yellow combos. Normally I don't care for purple but it forced me into the unknown. Also got to play with my new stamps from Unity.
This seems to be one of my go-to photo arrangements. Place 2-3 pictures together to create a photo block. Honestly I still love it and it makes design so much easier. I made a lot of use out of my Ranger white pen. Love this pen and believe me I've gone through my share of white pens. This one rocks! I keep a spare in my drawer in case I run out ;) Also some Riff Raff chipboard snowflakes - very detail cuts and just gorgeous on their own!
This one was a bit different for me. While I love the look of transperancies and overlays I struggle with them "covering" parts of my photos. Note the winter word right over Abby skating? Yeah, took me a bit to say its ok.
Look familar? I've been re-reading my Life Artist book by Ali Edwards and have been feeling inspired to branch out a bit. One morning last week while waiting for the kids to make their way upstairs for school I was compelled to write about me/my blog or whatever you want to call it. The journalling is basically something that needed to be recorded for myself. It talks about how 2 years ago I was so bogged down with commitments that I felt like I couldn't breathe. Starting a blog was just another "commitment" that I had and I called it Seeking a balance because I had none. Then we decided to have another baby and I made some significant changes. Like saying "NO" and things have slowly started to slow down. More changes are to come and while they may be hard to do, they need to be done. Selfishly for me and not so selfishly for my family. So not much photo-action going on with this layout but the title background. But I adore this layout!
Back to the life part of this post. The kids had major daddy time this weekend, their absolute favorite time! I mean I'm ok, you know feeding them and all but Daddy Rocks!
These were all taken with a zoom lens and all in manual! I'm so proud. Loving my camera more and more everyday.
My Ethan is such wonderful child. He's not much like other boys in the sense that he's not aggressive and rough and tumble. He loves to read and do video games but loves loves loves hanging out with his dad.
Last year my dad got Ethan this quad. It didn't run right and there were no brakes but Ethan had been practicing with it. He had an incident where he was a bit scared later on. But after this winter Grandpa fixed everything up and its good to go. Did you know that my dad can do anything? Well now you know ;)
So Ron and Ethan were playing follow the leader with the quads. Giving Ethan a chance to get reaquainted with everything plus learning to watch where you are going. I'm so glad that he's learning this and gaining more confidence in the process.

Yup there is that much water by my garden
Abby had to join in
Gotta get ready for Maylong weekend right?

1 comment:

M Plamondon said...

Love your scrapbook pages! They look fantastic and love your journal idea! Spring weekends are the best! Happy Spring!!