Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ahhh coffee in the morning...

Got to love the peace and quiet of an early morning. The best part is fresh coffee in the pot and kids still in bed. I'm so totally loving my kids getting older. Yes, I get misty eyed looking through their baby scrapbooks and ooing and ahhing over how much they've changed and grown, but there is something to be said for a little independance. This totally goes along with the balance thing I've been trying to achieve. It's so good to find a bit of me the person again, instead of me the mommy all the time. Those with young kids you know what I'm talking about.

This year marks an inportant stage in my life for many reasons, first of this the completion of our family. Its going to be the four of us and we are quite content with this. Second, is the weight loss thing. For those who didn't know I started a weight loss challange at work in September and it gave me such a boost that I've continued though the rest of the year. As I get closer to my goal (4 more pounds whoohoo!) I find myself thinking though the many excuses I told myself for being unhealthy and extremely overweight. Its funny how things that start out to be kind of selfish turn into a selfless process for those around me. Point in case, I didn't want to be fat anymore and now its turned into getting my family healthy and my kids having a healthy body image that will follow them into their teen years hopefully. I don't want my kids, especially Abby having to be that fat teenager. I know what that was like all to well and its not something that I want repeated.

So enough rambling on about food I need to go and refresh my coffee :)

No comments: