Sunday, April 11, 2010

So I dusted off the ol' stamps...

and a made a few cards! It felt so good to just play! This card was made with Stampin' Up! inks, butterfly stamp, cardstock and their scalloped punch, the pattern paper is October Afternoon. I'm a sucker for red & pink combos!
I got to play with my new sizzlets embossing/die cut butterfly from Stampin' Up! its so cute!! I used Bella Blvd. pattern paper, Jillibean Soup ribbon, SU! stamp, Prima pearls and my cuttlebug embossing folder.
This was a fun card to do, got to play with some coloring and my blender pen. I used SU! cardstock and stamps, Basic Grey pattern paper and ribbon from my mom's stash :) I wonder if my dh knows I hardly ever use the sewing machine that he got for me on fabric?
This was just a cute, simple card using SU! sweet pea felt flowers. The white scallop circle was made with my spellbinders and the cardstock and stamps are SU!
I got to play with some of the new style of SU! stamps, the acrylics (the monkey) and they are so great! I love that I can place them way better than my old wood mounted stamps. Inside this card is a birthday sentiment.
This card was made with a Unity stamp, my favorite I think. I also used SU! new salebration border punch. Very cute!
One of my few non-Stampin' Up! stamps (I have a personal connection with my rep, she's my sister in law) I think this stamp is from Stampendous, but I used a cuttlebug embossing folder and prima pearls.
I had to have this beautiful paper from My Mind's Eye but I thought if I used it in a scrapbook you wouldn't get the full yumminess of the flock. You can't see the sentiment well but it says happiness always.
This was another fun card to do. I made a mistake with the butterfly and colored it a really wonky color that could have potentially wrecked the card but I quickly did another one and put a pop dot underneath and volia! mistake no longer :)

I was inspired to use up some scraps that I had kicking around. The embossed swirls were done on a glossy sheet with some ranger alcohol inks, I trimmed it up and colorblocked the patters. I stamped the cherry blossoms with a stamp from Inkadinkado (I think).
This was also another quick card (my favorite kind!) I used some scraps from the Basic Grey Archaic line, the SU! punch and one of my favorite new tree stamps.

6 comments:

cerbean said...

Wow! I really wish that we lived closer so that I could come and watch you create! You are amazing!!!

Tammy L said...

you have been busy! these are beautiful! You should make cards more often :)
--tammy

Anna Havanka said...

I REALLY like them! Love your style!

Liz said...

pretty awesome cards!!!!!!

M Plamondon said...

I love your color combinations. I really like that giggle font. Is that a stamp?

Andrea W said...

Beautiful cards, Rebecca!