Sunday, April 18, 2010

stocking up on cards

It never fails. I have an important event like an anniversary or birthday and I'm scrambling at the last minute to make a card. Then a couple of months ago I saw that my friend Anna had a fabulous idea and created a card organizer for her completed cards. So I happily ordered myself a 3rd photo organizer and I'm using it to organize and hold all my finished cards! So I've been busily making more to stock up. This card was made using a 6x6 basic grey paper pad, I added an acrylic stamp from Autumn Leaves and the sentiment is an Ali Edwards stamp from Technique Tuesday. This stamp has been used a ton in my scrapbooking so I figured to pull it out for my cardmaking.
I can't remember where I got this stamped butterfly image, must have been an image swap I was in. I paired it with my SU! embossing folder and watercolor pencils & blender pen. The sentiment is also an Ali Edward's stamp.
This pattern paper is from SU! and is so beautiful. I added a birthday stamp and kept it pretty simple. I used some Bazzill bling for the background.
This whole card was made with Stampin' Up! products and punches with the exception of the Bazzill bling and the "be you" stamp (Ali Edwards Tech. Tues.)
I had gotten these cute little die cut cards free last year from SU! and I'm finally using them. I think that I'm going to make a whole set of these to give away.
Notice the paper again? Love the color combo and the designs!
I've had this "grow" canvas tag in my stash and I've been struggling to find a good use for it. Well it worked for this card. The canvas tag is from Prima. This stamp was a hostess gift from a SU! book party that I hosted. I used watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I also dug through my stamps and found this piece of Heidi Swapp invisibles that I had inked with ranger colorwash (cranberry)

3 comments:

Anna Havanka said...

Fabulous cards!!!

Liz said...

beautiful!!

M Plamondon said...

What a great idea to have cards made in advance!