Sunday, July 19, 2009

room pictures

Here's my project that I did this past few days to keep me busy while my dh was away on a fishing trip. Cause having 3 kids at home doesn't keep me busy enough. Unfortunately blogger always loads my photos backwards and I forget to put them in the order I'd like so my "before" picture is at the bottom. Here's the comforter/pillows that I bought at home sense for a really great deal. Dh and I opted to get rid of our duvet because quite frankly they drive me crazy. The duvet always shifts inside the cover and I have yet to find a solution to this problem.
One of my new decor projects. I picked up this frame at home sense for $10 and took new photos of the kids on Thursday, printed them out and added some scrapbooking paper to some of the photos. I used Kaiser Kraft papers in the greens that matched the room/bedding.
I also stained my furniture that we bought from Ikea about 10 years ago. Dh and I like simple wood furniture and this was unfinished pine that I had just put a clear coat of protector on. So I sanded it and stained it to match my free standing mirror. I can never keep my mirrors finger print free, can you guess why? Also I've got new 5x7 photo frames and put new pictures of the kids in them.
The view from the door. I bought a new blind and installed it myself. Boy that sucker was heavy! The empty wall should have 2 floating shelves on it but I do need dh there to help me install them. The kids aren't that great at keeping things level so that I can put them up. I do have some green bottles that will probably go on the shelves.
Here's the before shot. This was my terra cotta tomb that drove me crazy. It was just too dark for my tastes. This is also the old duvet that will be donated.
I really love the calming look of the room now. I'm not sure about the matchabilty of the paint and the comforter. I took the cushion in to match the paint but I find now that the paint is on the wall it seems almost too minty green for what I wanted. It needs a bit more olive in it, but it could be my lighting. Just debating about getting a different bedding set and selling this one but I'll wait to see what dh says.
I also managed to clean up my scrapbooking room that was collecting everything else but scrapbooking stuff in it. Happy to have things more streamlined and clutter free. I hate clutter but it seem to mulitply in my house no matter what I do. So looking forward to dh coming home tomorrow night, we've never been away from each other longer than 4 days since we've been married 11 years ago. Apparently I can't sleep alone very well. I've been getting up at 5:30 am without meaning too. Lucky me :P

2 comments:

~Kennie~ said...

Looks great! So grown up and pretty!!!! :)

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job! It looks fabulous!