Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Blogs, marriage & happiness

Ok I love to read many different blogs. I really enjoy scrapbook designer ones just because it inspires me and hey I like scrapbooking. This morning I was reading Rhonna Farrer's blog (awesome stamps by the way) and she had a quote on her site : LEARN TO BE HAPPY. I'm not sure if she said it or someone else. But she talks about people, herself included, who always say "I'll be happy when...or things would be better if..." She says that you need to learn to be happy or content with the way things are.

I remember when I was a young newlywed with a baby and there were times that I was depressed or "not happy" and I expected my wonderful hubby to make things better. This was so wrong. Its not his job to make me happy. (although he does) It's my job to handle my feelings. He was not responsible for my happiness, I was. Once I figured out that things were so much better. Now I focus on doing little things for him and he in turn does little things for me. Stuff like making a nice supper that he enjoys makes me happy. Him bringing me home a little pot of hens & chicks unexpectedly is so undeniably sweet, which makes him happy. I know its such a cliche but the give and take of a marriage is important.

No comments: