Thursday, August 03, 2006

One little thing

It's so funny how one little thing can totally change your life and affect those around you. When I started this weight loss journey, I wasn't thinking of anyone but myself and now 11 months later there are so many family and friends around me that have joined me. Seriously thinking about starting a GI Diet support group.

Even me, being almost at the end of my goal, need some support. I totally wasn't drinking my water and put on 3 lbs, which totally sent me spinning into a loop. What if I can never get down the weight that I want? Will I ever be stable (weight wise) as we all know that mental stablity is something entirely different :) ? But after having my butt kicked by various people I'm back on track and have lost those 3 lbs again.

I find it funny the reactions of people who see me now. And for those I've talked to about this I don't apoligize, hint, hint Rhonda! Some people are so happy for me and others haven't noticed, or pretend not to notice. I've gotten the "oh, you look taller" comment. Makes me want to say, "Uh, honey I'm not taller, just not fat anymore" I've been told that the Canadian sizes are not the "true" sizes. By the way sources tell me that US sizes are bigger than Canadas. Hurmph, taller my butt! Sorry teeny vent there.

But there are those who are extremely supportive and I thank you for that. I find it funny the closer I get to being my goal weight and the more I see others loosing weight from this plan, I'm a little jealous. That's right call me crazy but it feels good to have someone comment on how you look and the wow you've lost weight shouts. Now I've been seen by everyone and everyone knows so me being smaller is old hat. It's really weird being so close and almost done. Like a part of my life is over and while I'm embarking on a new one, I kind of miss the old phase. So patting myself on the back now, GREAT JOB GIRL! Bring on phase 2!

No comments: